The White Run Reservoir Water Impoundment Project's goal is to supply Greene County and the Town of Stanardsville with a reliable water supply into the year 2050. Please browse the documents below to learn more about the project.
The Greene County Board of Supervisors is seeking individuals interested in improving the quality of life in Greene County to participate as a member of a County board, commission, or committee. Vacancies are advertised at various times throughout the year, and opportunities are available now to serve on various citizen member organizations.
Board of Zoning Appeals – Alternate
Economic Development Authority - 2 vacancies
Rivanna River Basin Commission
Greene County Vision Statement
Greene County is an inclusive community where citizens and businesses benefit from a diversified economy, quality public services and a superior quality of life.
Greene County Board of Supervisors Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Greene County Board of Supervisors to provide citizens, businesses and visitors with public services and programs in a fiscally prudent and responsible manner while preserving the county's rural character and natural beauty.
Greene County Core Values
Greene County Strategic Initiatives
Strategic Initiative: Promote Community and Economic Well-Being
Strategic Initiative: Practice Good Governance
Strategic Initiative: Strengthen Community Engagement
Strategic Initiative: Fund the Future
INITIATIVE ONE: PROMOTE COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC WELL-BEING.
Capitalize on Greene County's assets, location and heritage to diversify, grow and strengthen the community and economic well-being of citizens and businesses.
- Support local businesses and entrepreneurs by establishing a focused business appreciation and expansion program.
- Expand wireless technology (broadband) throughout the county.
- Sponsor a business futures forum to identify the mix of business and commercial enterprises Greene County needs to attract and develop to grow and diversify the county's economic base.
- Streamline requirements associated with starting a business in Greene County.
- Craft a tourism development strategy and possible overlay district for Greene County.
- Revise the county's zoning ordinance to promote/encourage greater business and economic development in Ruckersville and Stanardsville.
- Consider drafting and adding a technology/innovation district to the county's zoning ordinance.
- Craft an infrastructure policy that will support business, commercial and residential in targeted areas along Route 33 and Route 29.
INITIATIVE TWO: PRACTICE GOOD GOVERNANCE.
Perform government functions and defined duties efficiently and effectively while being accountable to the citizens of Greene County.
- Develop a revenue accountability agreement wherein all agencies, departments and service providers who receive county funding are to provide the Greene County BoS with a year-end accounting report documenting how the funds were spent and the impact the spending generated in the county.
- Develop fact sheets for major policy issues and community projects and share them with the public and media.
- Develop an annual county report inclusive of a citizen's guide to county government and share it with county residents and county businesses.
- Conduct an efficiency/effectiveness audit of all county sponsored programs and services with particular focus on program need and costs.
- Develop and adopt a fiscal policy protocol for Greene County.
INITIATIVE THREE: PROMOTE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT.
Promote a positive and interactive relationship with county citizens and stakeholders that will result in a greater understanding of and connection with county government and the community.
- Encourage greater citizen involvement in county government by holding open town halls throughout the county; by sponsoring periodic surveys to garner public input and opinion on key issues; and, by sponsoring educational initiatives such as a citizen's local government academy and/or a citizen's community planning academy.
- Sponsor a community forum to gain citizen input and perspective regarding annualized county spending and service delivery practices.
- Place the adopted Greene County vision, mission and strategic initiatives statement on the county's website and appropriate county letterhead.
- Host an annual dinner to recognize and thank all persons who serve on BoS appointed Greene County boards and commissions.
- Develop a Greene County local government satisfaction survey that will allow county citizens the opportunity to assess the quality and value of county sponsored services and programs on an annual basis.
INITIATIVE FOUR: FUND THE FUTURE.
Commit to fulfill our current and future obligations by identifying and managing the county's revenue options, resources and opportunities.
- Develop a five-year revenue and expenditure forecast focused on services and programs sponsored by Greene County inclusive of personnel costs, support costs and capital costs.
- Add a capital maintenance component to the Greene County Capital Improvements Program (CIP) inclusive of life cycle costs.
- Develop a blueprint and multi-year financial plan for constructing and maintaining a new water impoundment in Greene County.
- Develop, in partnership with the School Board, a multi-year capital improvement strategy that will finance the multiple upgrades and improvements that are needed in Greene County's public schools.
- Develop in partnership with county administration an employee staffing plan (full-time and part-time) that will meet the county's current as well as future fiscal and service priorities.
- Conduct an existing office space study to determine the optimum physical space county employees need to perform their duties efficiently and effectively.