The Clerk's Office handles all land records, marriage licenses and qualification of Executors and Administrators of estates recorded since 1838.
Services provided by the Clerk's Office:
- Concealed Weapons Permit
- Notary Public Qualification
- Probate / Qualifications of Estates
- Genealogy Research - may be done by the individual
- Marriage License
- Land Records
- Filing of Civil Suits
The Clerk's Office is to the right of the Courthouse on Court Square in Stanardsville, Virginia.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of payments do you accept?The Circuit Court accepts cash, check, or money order. We also accept Visa/MasterCard with a two dollar convenience fee on transactions under fifty dollars and 4% on all others.
The Clerk’s Office now accepts online payments.
How do I get a concealed handgun permit?
- Applications are here in the office or can be found on the Virginia State Police website.
- Applicants must have proof of competency (ie. DD-214 form: member copy 4, Handgun Safety Course Certificate, or Hunters Safety Course Certificate, or previously issued permit).
- The cost is 15 dollars, we accept cash, check, or money order.
How do I get a marriage license?
- Both parties must be present with valid ID.
- The cost is 30 dollars, we accept cash, check, or money order.
*Marriage License expires 60 days after issuance.