The Greene County Solid Waste Facility remains open to accept refuse during normal operating hours.
The following hazardous waste is not accepted at this facility:
- asbestos shingles, construction paint and solvent wastes, glues and roofing tars
- gasoline, kerosene, lighter and brake fluid
- latex, oil based, auto paint
- mercury light bulbs, fluorescent bulbs (Lowes accepts)
- cleaners (bathroom, drain, tile, swimming pool)
- fertilizer, insecticide, weed killer
Greene County Solid Waste is a Full Service Recycling Center. Allen Morris is the Solid Waste Manager for the Greene County Solid Waste Facility.
Items that we recycle with no fee:
- METALS - Tin Cans, Aluminum (cans and foil)
- CORRUGATED CARDBOARD
- PLASTICS #2 - MILK JUGS ONLY
- PAPER - junk mail, phonebooks, and magazines
AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2019, THE COLLECTION OF THE FOLLOWING WILL BE SUSPENDED:
- PLASTIC - #1, #3 - #7
- GLASS - clear, brown, and green
These items will be deemed as regular household garbage and charged the same fee.
As of July 1, 2022, there will be in increase in some tipping fees. Please see the fee schedule here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What payment types do you accept?We accept only cash and checks. We do not accept debit or credit cards.
Do you accept hazardous materials?No, the Greene County Solid Waste Facility does not accept any hazardous materials.
Do you accept motor oil and antifreeze?Yes, we accept motor oil (must not have water in it) and antifreeze for recycling.
Do you recycle florescent light bulbs?No, we don't. However, if you purchased your bulbs from Lowes, sometimes you can return them directly to the store for recycling.