Greene County, Virginia is a rising center for service industries, including defense and security services, as well as a prime location for retail and light industrial development. There is a tremendous spirit of entrepreneurship in Greene County with a wide variety of locally owned and operated businesses.
Greene is only 3 miles north of the National Ground Intelligence Center and the Defense Intelligence Agency at Rivanna Station. The University of Virginia and it's research facilities and medical center are within a 25 minute drive.
US 29 and US 33 are primary transportation arteries in the Central Virginia region. The major areas of commercial and business growth in Greene County are along the US 29 corridor, between Ruckersville and Albemarle County, and the US 33 corridor between Ruckersville and the County seat of Stanardsville. In addition to the Business Park and Industrial Park, Greene County boasts three fast growing shopping centers: The Gateway Center, Tierney Plaza and The Rapidan Center along these two highways.
Greene County, Virginia is conveniently located near Charlottesville, a Money Magazine "100 best places to live" and centrally located with short drives to Virginia's metropolitan areas.
- 100 miles southwest of Washington, DC
- 78 miles northwest of Virginia's capital city, Richmond
- 32 miles east of Harrisonburg, Virginia
Greene is also close to interstates 64 and 81, and is only six miles north of the Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport.
Virginia is the Best State for Business
Virginia is consistently ranked in the top 5 of the Best State for Business by Forbes.com and according to CNBC Top States for Business 2015, Virginia is ranked 12. In each analysis, cost of doing business, quality of workforce, and regulatory environment all drove Virginia to the top. A Virginia business location will positively impact your bottom line through:.
- Streamlined permitting process
- Recruitment training programs to help new businesses become operational faster
- Right-to-work law allowing individuals the right to work regardless of membership in a labor union or organization
- AAA bond rating
- A corporate income tax rate of 6% which has not been increased since 1972
- Programs at little or no cost to help businesses increase international sales
- 30 publicly-funded and nonprofit small business incubators